Now Is The Time To Apply For Spring Accelerators
As we head toward the close of 2014, accelerators are gearing up for their upcoming spring batches. There’s still time to apply with deadlines approaching in November and December.
While 500 Startups is currently accepting its 12th San Francisco-based class, new programs are launching globally to focus on specific groups of entrepreneurs.
Haxlr8r, a China-based hardware accelerator launched in 2011, helps entrepreneurs leverage the supply chain and factory ecosystem during the program in Shenzhen leading up to a Demo Day in San Francisco. Haxlr8r has graduated 30 companies, including Kickstarter successes Darma and Spark.
Prosper, launching its first program next year in St. Louis, seeks to bridge the tech gender gap by focusing on women-led tech, life sciences and consumer product startups.
MergeLane is also currently recruiting its initial class geared toward female entrepreneurs. Unlike most programs, MergeLane doesn’t require startups to spend the entire length of the program on-site in Boulder, Colorado – instead they have a “reduced residency requirement” tailored to the needs of participants with family commitments in order to accept a more diverse set of teams.
Though Silicon Valley has traditionally dominated the tech scene, Southern California’s Silicon Beach is continuing to grow as more accelerators are taking advantage of the proximity to giants like Snapchat and SpaceX as well as the beach.
Amplify L.A., a hands-on accelerator focused on startups bridging technology and entertainment, has graduated startups from enterprise crowdfunding platform Invested.in to trending tech discovery site, StackSocial.
Check out the full list of upcoming deadlines below:
- Prosper -St. Louis, MO (11/16)
- Emerge Education -London, U.K. (11/17)
- Boomtown Accelerator -Charleston, SC (11/20)
- 500 Startups -San Francisco, CA (11/21)
- FounderFuel -Montréal, Canada (11/29)
- Matter -San Francisco, CA (11/30)
- Global Insurance Accelerator -Des Moines, IA (11/30)
- MergeLane -Boulder, CO (12/1)
- Etohum -Istanbul, Turkey (12/1)
- Haxlr8r -Shenzhen, China (12/1)
- Sprint Accelerator -Kansas City, MO (12/14)
- MuckerLab -Santa Monica, CA (12/31)
- Amplify L.A. -Venice, CA12/31
- Boox -Milan, Italy (12/31)
And if we missed you, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo via Flickr user Erin Zamrzla